I made this for Halloween out of an old wooden wine box, fake grass, rings from the dollar store, lots of green spray paint, a raven from the dollar store, and a skull door knocker from the dollar store. This turned out how I wanted it to and was super cheap to make!
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
So I have decided to try the Undersized Urbanite again! This time I will be focusing on a small house
instead of a Lundby dollhouse. The Lundby was fun, but it was really hard to track down all the items or make the items in the scale that I wanted to do. I am still working on that house, but I think this house will suit me better for this year's Undersized Urbanite. This is the primrose dollhouse, which I will be making into a small guesthouse. I will be adding on a back bathroom, getting rid of the smaller window, adding some windows and skylights, and making a window a door. I'm excited to start on this project and can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.
Monday, September 30, 2013
This is a photo I made for my friend who had a baby in September. She gave each person a letter and let them come up with whatever they wanted to. Everything in here is miniature and I look the picture outside. I loved creating this little world and want to create some more.
Monday, February 25, 2013
So I am still waiting for the weather to get better. Hopefully by the middle of the week I can take the dollhouse outside to paint. In the meantime, I gathered all my scrapbook papers, place mats, cork boards, and other supplies and tried to get a color scheme started. Here it is so far...
Here are some shots inside of the house with the furniture set up to get some ideas of where to place things. I will be redoing a lot of the furniture because the colors are all over the place.
I started the platform bed kit from Elf miniatures. I love it and it was really easy to do. This is my favorite picture so far...
Its the view out of the window of the office area. Here's another picture so you can see the furniture better.
The painting behind my dollhouse is a paint by number that I picked up a thrift store for 5 dollars. It looks cool in the windows of the dollhouse.
Finally, here are some mini paintings that I am working on. I am also doing a full size painting for over my fireplace, but I decided to try and make a few for the house for fun. Hopefully they will turn out nice.
Saturday, February 23, 2013
This house has been a lot more time consuming than I thought. After three coats of primer, I am ready to paint and wallpaper and lay carpets and...wait for the weather to get better! Its very dreary and rainy outside today which means no painting again! I guess I will go back to working on furniture and accessories.
Thursday, February 21, 2013
elf miniatures. I love it and can't wait to put it in the Lundby house. There are probably about 100 other things I want from that website, in both the smaller scale and the 1 inch scale. I made the books on it and have to make some more items. So far, my undersized urbanite progress has been slow since it has been too cold to paint out in the garage. Hopefully it will warm up soon so I can do some spray painting. Instead, I have been putting together a platform bed from elf, and making a dining room table out of wood. I hope to make a post about that process too!!
Thursday, January 31, 2013
For this project, I used:
the clover pom pom makers, if you want to be cheap you can make your own out of cardboard
I used all four sizes of pom pom makers and I watched some YouTube videos on how to use the pom pom makers, that helped a lot!
yarn- I used three different colors, all bought on sale at Michael's for about 6 dollars total
tacky glue ---fast drying! I used almost a whole bottle
straw wreath base
I lost track of how many pom poms I had to make, but it was around 50 or so, in various sizes. Then I just glued them all on in a random pattern and used the tiniest ones to kind of fill in the spaces the best that I could. Making the pom poms was time consuming, and took me a few nights. To hang it up I tied yarn around the wreath. I think next time I will use ribbon. Overall, I love how this turned out. It was really easy to do. I want to make one for every season now. I am working on a tutorial for the next one I make.